Saturday, September 23, 2017

Infertility...oh dear infertility!

Few months ago I posted a really funny joke about being pregnant and as you read on the post it did explain that I wasn't really pregnant. It was something that I had seen posted on another friend's Facebook and it made me chuckle. After I received several comments and other Communications that it was hurtful and not funny. Get over it!
I love how easily people are offended and how people tell you how hurtful that can be to people who have been trying to get pregnant or had a miscarriage. As a woman who struggles with infertility let me tell you what offends me. Being asked when me and my husband are planning on having children. Same people who announced that they're having a baby. Seeing other friends who struggle and grateful that they're in the same boat as you. Seeing friends who have struggles and now we're having a baby. Seeing people with babies. Seeing pregnant women. Seeing young couples who are excited to start having babies. So when it comes to infertility everything offends me. When it comes to my vagina not working not working everything offends me.
No matter what advice is given to me it hurts and there's no way to get around it. I'm not able to lock myself up in a room and throw away the key. But it's okay for other people to tell me when I joke about something that I'm wrong for doing it. Each of us walk a different route in this life and no matter what someone else thinks we have no clue what that person is going through. My infertility is my struggle. The fact that I probably taken hundreds a pregnancy test and have sworn at least 4 times I knew I was pregnant oh, it's my problem. I cannot start asking people not to have babies or do not hand me their babies for a second. And in those moments there's a part of me that wishes with all my heart that it was my kid in my arms. But I choose to be offended they don't offend me I want to make that straight. There's no way we can stop Our Lives to make someone else feel comfortable. I truly believe that our Prime purpose in life is to help others and if we can't do that at least don't hurt them. No one can help me with this infertility issue, problem, bitterness, anger, sadness, frustration and I could go on and on but it's my issue and I have to deal with it.
Deep down inside I know I have a savior, I have a loving Heavenly Father and in the plan it will all work out. It's really hard to remember that when I pee into a cup and that test is negative. So I guess what I'm trying to say is let my infertility be my problem and let me hold your babies.

No comments: